View open opportunities and apply.
Maintenance Manager - High Speed Food & Beverages
Los Angeles, CA 90021 US
Our multi-billion dollar client is looking to hire a Maintenance Manager for their high volume / high speed food & beverage manufacturing facility in Los Angeles. APPLY TODAY!
Experience managing maintenance teams in a high speed manufacturing environment is highly preferred. Liquid Fill or Plastics manufacturing facility experience in Maintenance is a must!
Direct hire role with HMO plan with little to no cost to employees and their dependents
Room for growth
Replacing Maintenance Manager whom will be retiring soon! 4 supervisors, 30 union mechanics
Experience with high speed manufacturing in food, beverage, plastics is highly preferred!
The Maintenance Manager provides leadership and directs strategy for the maintenance effort in support of the plant’s production plans. The position is responsible for improving asset utilization, uptime and production by implementing proven professional maintenance and reliability improvement processes. The Maintenance Manager develops and maintains preventive/predictive maintenance programs inclusive of failure and root cause analysis.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Ensures maintenance department compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Manages the maintenance team inclusive of hiring, supervising, professional development and offering continuous educational opportunities on technical advancements
- Ensures all equipment, building and grounds are maintained and operational up to company standards.
- Ensures responsive and proactive maintenance support to all plant customers.
- Ensures service calls and machinery repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for department budgeting, including all Maintenance and Repair cost centers, building, parts, outside services and departmental labor.
- Manages plant level capital projects.
- Seeks methods to reduce utility consumption.
- Assists and supports mechanics with machine trouble shooting and technical expertise.
- Champions and drives reduction of losses through breakdown analysis and other appropriate continuous improvement tools.
- Oversees all parts acquisition activities. Maintains a compliant stockroom operation that provides repair parts for critical process equipment as well as necessary consumables for the plant.
- Participates in and supports the Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Program. i.e., weekly safety meetings, shop safety inspections, enforcement of lock-out/tag-out program and all other Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) required regulations.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Why Choose us?
Competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- PTO, sick days
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) + employer match
- HSA & FSA plans
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Nine plus years of technical, mechanical, maintenance or engineering experience
- Four years of supervisory experience
- ISO or other management system experience
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a Technical field
- Experience with Lean or Six Sigma
- Food and/or beverage manufacturing experience
- Computerized Maintenance Management System experience
- Working knowledge of national, state, and local regulatory requirements in the areas of food safety, safety, environment and emergency management.
- Working knowledge of basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices in a manufacturing environment.
- HACCP knowledge
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Technical Recruiting, Skilled Labor, Accounting And Finance
Sean has over 8 years’ experience with Mattson Resources and over 20 years in executive search, technical recruiting, and staffing. With a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as 16 years agency experience and 4 years corporate in staffing – Sean and his team can assist in all areas of search for your hiring needs. In agency search, Sean has led teams and recruiting services for Engineering, Sciences, IT, Skilled Labor, Operations, Supply Chain, Operational Excellence and more for Medical Device, Pharma, Aerospace, Automotive, Distribution, Transportation, IT Services, Software, Food & Beverage, Retail, and Consumer Products. In 2021 Sean oversaw Mattson Resources expansion and opening of a satellite office in Corona, CA.