View open opportunities and apply.
Associate Director Procurement, Direct Materials
Relocation is offered
Sorry no visa transfers or sponsorship at this time
This position will oversee multiple Commodity Managers Based onsite in Danvers, MA or Aachen, Germany. - Remote is not an option at this time.
Leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. "Patients First!" culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before.
Growing division is present in most markets of the world, representing more than $1 billion of revenue with projected strong growth and premier market positions. The Associate Director, Materials/ Category Leader will be accountable to oversee the spend of the Direct Materials category in support global business. This spend is exceeding 100 million USD and is a very critical element of the total Materials value chain.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· The development of category strategy down to sub-category level
· Development of the executional plans and provides the respective continuous improvement process (CIP) and service level improvement plans as input to the overall Source BP
· Supplier management across the Materials manufacturing supply base
· Leadership for a total category team of approx. 5 members
· All of the above in close collaboration with the product general manager, who orchestrate the overall business plan delivery for their respective product group and therefore are the primary providers of direction to the category
· Supplier management across the Materials supply base, in close collaboration with Make & Plan lead, who own all operational aspects of the supply base management
· Working closely with Development and R&D to support new product pipeline development upstream and product launch and/or integration
· Drive the engagement of the core suppliers
· Negotiate vendor material agreements to ensure adequate supply of material for global manufacturing while minimizing over purchasing
· Identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities
· Proactively build relationships with vendors that ensure stability in company’s vendor network and establish strategic relationships with key suppliers who are aligned with the company's business goals Qualifications Required
· BS in Engineering, Operations/Supply chain management or related field, MBA/MS preferred
· Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core procurement areas of focus (e.g. Category Management, Supplier Management, Supply Chain Integration, Business planning, Performance Management) required
· Experience with SAP preferred, or another ERP, device management and procurement systems
· Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with senior Management)
· Strong leadership, vision/strategy setting, communication, influencing, collaboration, talent development skills are key
· Strong project and change management capabilities
· Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
· Ability to continuously improve the organization
· Proven track record in leading cross-functional teams and executing significant influencing roles
· Willingness to travel, particularly to visit suppliers. This position may require up to 30% International travel based on business needs
· Mechanical engineering experience/skills/educational background highly preferred
· Good level of understanding of the machining (metal, plastics, ceramics), injection molding, extrusion industry landscape
· Experience to work across regions and understand markets
· Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain); has "presence"
· Strong Business Acumen, Medical Device and specifically Abiomed relevant industry experience preferred
· Multi-country and Multi sector experience preferred
· Continuous improvement/lean/six sigma experience, black belt preferred
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Technical Recruiting, Skilled Labor, Accounting And Finance
Sean has over 8 years’ experience with Mattson Resources and over 20 years in executive search, technical recruiting, and staffing. With a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as 16 years agency experience and 4 years corporate in staffing – Sean and his team can assist in all areas of search for your hiring needs. In agency search, Sean has led teams and recruiting services for Engineering, Sciences, IT, Skilled Labor, Operations, Supply Chain, Operational Excellence and more for Medical Device, Pharma, Aerospace, Automotive, Distribution, Transportation, IT Services, Software, Food & Beverage, Retail, and Consumer Products. In 2021 Sean oversaw Mattson Resources expansion and opening of a satellite office in Corona, CA.