View open opportunities and apply.
Collections & Billing Manager
Austin, TX 78730 US
Onsite Monday - Friday
3 Direct Reports / Billing Specialists
Salary - $90,000 - $110,000 DOE plus 15% Annual Bonus
Benefits paid 100%, Medical, Dental, Vision and
The Collections & Billing Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the billing functions and procedures for the credit and collections process. We are a Mid-size company in the transporation Industry - 500 Million in revenue. We are growing and offer a excellent company culture. Some previous Audit experience a plus.
This position requires:
- Sound knowledge of analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Regular reporting of the status of activities to the Sr. Director, Finance & Accounting.
- Interface with Finance & Accounting team, Operations teams, and Customer Service t eams.
- Supply senior management with accurate and timely financial information necessary to support operational requirements and business plans.
- Ensure increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower in order to maximize the company's revenue and profit objectives.
- Create and maintain billing policies and procedures, ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, and develop strategies to improve billing efficiency and accuracy
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and support of company Vision, Mission, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards and the code of ethical behavior.
- Leadership and analysis, coupled with the capability for timely, clear, and decisive action are essential tools necessary to perform the duties of this position.
- Oversee timely and accurate customer invoicing, reflective of contract requirements
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with internal and external customers.
- Manage outstanding invoices and direct interface with customers on collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Manage collection activities, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of AR aging and collection status.
- Report to senior management on overdue invoice status
- Review and recommend to senior management accounts for third party collections.
- Review and recommend to senior management bad debt charge off entries.
- Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- Support audit teams during periodic corporate audits.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration and/or relevant work experience with solid employment and stability,
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in billing and collections
- Experience with evaluating, creating and implementing billing policies and procedures Container terminal or shipping line experience preferred
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Other Desirable Skills:
- Focused - high level of concentration
- Strong communication skills
- Professional appearance and manner
- Analytical Organized
- Team Player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Responsive to management
Meet Your Recruiter
Principal, Strategic Staffing,- Executive Search
As a partner with Mattson Resources, my focus is Executive Search and Business Development. My passion is People and building client - candidate partnerships. My joy is understanding our client’s company culture and the scope of each search request to make a perfect hire. I thrive to be a trusted resource to both my client and candidate. On-boarding top tier clients and working with career professionals to assist them in their job search has been a rewarding career. Mattson opened in 2007 with 5 employees, we have expanded our services and currently offer 5 specialty recruiting Divisions, Executive Search, Engineering, IT, Accounting, Office Professional and Skilled Technical. It brings me much joy and satisfaction to be recognized as one of Orange County’s top Search firms year after year!