View open opportunities and apply.
Commodity Manager - External Manufacturing
Danvers, MA 01923 US
Relocation is offered
Sorry no visa transfers or sponsorship at this time
The Category Manager, EM will be responsible for driving spend performance and managing relationships of External Manufacturers. This individual will develop, and /or support sourcing strategies, and supplier strategies under guidance of Category leader. The incumbent in the role, will plan, direct, and support the delivery against targets for financial performance, supply reliability across quality & service, and compliance adherence.
The purpose of this position is to manage defined sub-categories in the External Manufacturing portfolio for this division, with approximate spend of $20-40M. This responsibility includes the need for strong engagement with internal stakeholders and robust connection with our key external partners.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead or support sourcing initiatives to identify the right supplier partners, Influence decisions, delivering on-going value improvements while driving competitive advantage.
- Develop spend analysis and gather market intelligence in alignment with business goals.
- Develop and lead cost management initiatives; Prepare and execute RFQs for medium to high complexity sourcing decisions; Conduct negotiations with suppliers.
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments.
- Build and maintain relationships throughout the division that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions.
- Support the development and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Drive sourcing activities for defined categories to support new products under development.
- Develop and manage supplier partnerships to drive performance delivery, risk mitigation, and value through supplier enabled innovation.
- Cultivate and use strategic relationships with key business partners (e.g., Internal partners, supplier leadership) to shape, optimize, and diversify the supply base.
- Develop innovative and sustainable solutions to identify and mitigate risk, drive long-term, end-to-end value, and achieve unmet business needs. Identify and pursue opportunities to develop supplier capabilities.
- Conduct Business Review meetings with suppliers that include holistic supplier performance management and review.
Category Strategy Development
- Develop and/or support the category sourcing strategy for the defined portfolio through Business needs assessment, Market intelligence, Supplier evaluations and sourcing choices.
- Proactively engage business partners to identify needs and incorporate those needs into sub-category strategies.
- Build supply network through developing, identifying suppliers utilizing deep subject matter expertise based on supply market analysis, industry intelligence.
- Understand supply market trends, competitor analysis to deliver proactive sourcing strategies.
- Systematically and efficiently manage contract creation, approval, administration, and compliance to maximize financial and operational performance while minimizing risk.
- Ensure that agreements and the manner they are performed meet business demands of all collaborators and are aligned with the organization’s overall procurement and business strategy.
- Represent procurement in End-to-End Supply Chain initiatives of the manufacturing network, capacity programs, digital tools/technology adoption, and resiliency.
- Lead / Support projects in defined spend scope, to deliver procurement KPIs.
- Escalate issues / inevitable risks that may impact the Global Procurement organization and/or the Supply Chain
- BS in Engineering, Operations/Supply chain management or related field, MBA/MS preferred.
- Mechanical engineering experience/skills/educational background
- A minimum of 5 years of strong procurement experience required.
- Experience in multiple disciplines of Supply Chain, including External Operations, Manufacturing, Procurement, Distribution and / or related field is advantageous.
- Good level of understanding of the machining (metal, plastics, ceramics), injection molding, extrusion industry landscape is advantageous.
- Broad-based understanding of core procurement areas of focus (e.g., Spend Management, Category Management, Sourcing & Supplier Management)
- Strong leadership, communication (verbal and written), influencing, collaboration skills are key.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Experience to work across regions and understand markets.
- Strong Business Acumen, Medical Device and specifically relevant industry experience preferred.
- Multi-country and Multi sector experience preferred.
- Continuous improvement/lean/six sigma experience, black belt preferred.
- Experience with SAP preferred, or another ERP, device management and procurement systems.
- Willingness to travel, particularly to visit suppliers. This position may require up to 30% International travel based on business needs.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Technical Recruiting, Skilled Labor, Accounting And Finance
Sean has over 8 years’ experience with Mattson Resources and over 20 years in executive search, technical recruiting, and staffing. With a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as 16 years agency experience and 4 years corporate in staffing – Sean and his team can assist in all areas of search for your hiring needs. In agency search, Sean has led teams and recruiting services for Engineering, Sciences, IT, Skilled Labor, Operations, Supply Chain, Operational Excellence and more for Medical Device, Pharma, Aerospace, Automotive, Distribution, Transportation, IT Services, Software, Food & Beverage, Retail, and Consumer Products. In 2021 Sean oversaw Mattson Resources expansion and opening of a satellite office in Corona, CA.