View open opportunities and apply.
Dispatch Manager - Driver Manager and Route Planning
West Sacramento, CA 95691 US
Oversee a team of drivers and dispatchers doing direct store delivery. Will oversee 3 Dispatch / Delivery Supervisors and a fleet of 65 Union Class A drivers doing direct store delivery.
Multiple sites in Northern California for future growth opportunities!
The Delivery Manager executes the day-to-day operations of the delivery department with a focus on safety and efficiency and leads a team of supervisors and professional drivers.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Manage the operation and maintenance of motor vehicles and equipment
- Manage key operating performance indicators (such as on-time delivery, overtime, offload rates, etc.)
- Manage performance to budget and meet financial goals
- Ensure compliance with policies, regulations and safety and health standards (DOT, OSHA, etc.)
- Provide oversight to route planning to meet customer needs
- Establish and maintain positive customer relationships
- Foster a work environment that maximized employee involvement, morale and engagement
- Provide development to supervisory, lead and driver staff
- Participate in, contribute to and potentially lead various committees, such as quality and safety
- Partner with Human Resources to ensure appropriate staffing levels throughout the year and any employee concerns are promptly and appropriately addressed
- Other projects or duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of related experience and 2+ years of management experience OR High School Diploma/GED with 8+ years of related experience and 4+ years of management experience
- Excellent problem-solving and verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate business needs, think proactively and respond appropriately
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with inventory management systems
- Must be able to pass a post-offer background and drug test
- Experience working in a warehouse, transportation, purchasing, customer service, sales or similar supply chain department
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Technical Recruiting, Skilled Labor, Accounting And Finance
Sean has over 8 years’ experience with Mattson Resources and over 20 years in executive search, technical recruiting, and staffing. With a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as 16 years agency experience and 4 years corporate in staffing – Sean and his team can assist in all areas of search for your hiring needs. In agency search, Sean has led teams and recruiting services for Engineering, Sciences, IT, Skilled Labor, Operations, Supply Chain, Operational Excellence and more for Medical Device, Pharma, Aerospace, Automotive, Distribution, Transportation, IT Services, Software, Food & Beverage, Retail, and Consumer Products. In 2021 Sean oversaw Mattson Resources expansion and opening of a satellite office in Corona, CA.