View open opportunities and apply.
Law Firm Business Development -Entrainment -Hybrid
Los Angeles, CA 90067 US
** Law Firm and Supervisory experience highly preferred **
Location: Los Angeles
Schedule: HYBRID - Mondays and Fridays remote
This role within the team provides the opportunity to serve as the business development lead for our entertainment and financial services groups, which includes four business units. Reporting to the senior director of business development, the business development manager works with business unit and group leaders to develop and build client relationships, expand business penetration, and launch new products and services to drive revenues and achieve financial growth. In addition, this position will collaborate with the Firm’s other business development managers to track related litigation and transactions in order to both understand and promote our related capabilities. This position offers high visibility with the marketing leadership team and with professionals.
This role will focus on Entertainment and Financial Services clients.
- Work with the business unit and group leaders to develop and execute business development plans and initiatives to drive growth, expand business penetration, identify new revenue opportunities, improve cross-selling and enhance client service quality.
- Track experience within the entertainment and financial services groups and work with the broader team to promote related client wins.
- Develop and project manage winning client proposals, pitches and RFP responses, and draft compelling Chambers and Legal500 ranking submissions.
- Ensure capability statements and representative experience and case studies are captured and updated to support proposals and ranking submissions.
- Conduct research, analyze trends and identify opportunities with target clients.
- Analyze competitors and their service offerings and identify opportunities to raise the profile of the practices and partners.
- Track business pipeline, results, wins, losses, ROI, best practices and lessons learned.
- Develop and manage project plans and budgets to ensure business development initiatives are implemented on time and within budget, and expenses comply with Firm policies and procedures.
- Manage related thought leadership, including white papers, newsletters, client alerts and marketing collateral in coordination with the marketing technology and communications teams.
- Research and evaluate the business case for speaking, sponsorship and membership opportunities.
- In coordination with the events team, plan and execute effective webinars, seminars, conferences, and other Firm-sponsored and client events. Ensure appropriate pre- and post- event follow up is in place to maximize related business development opportunities.
- Work with the marketing team to strategically increase the Firm’s database of clients and industry decision-makers and develop segmented event and publication mailing lists.
- Assist in integrating new lateral attorneys and professionals into the Firm.
- Provide direction, supervise, manage, coach, train and mentor business development team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; a J.D. is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in business development within a law firm or similar professional services environment.
- Deep understanding of business development core competencies, including market research, competitive intelligence, pitch and proposal responses, and client development and sales strategies.
- Substantive experience supporting business units associated with the identified groups: entertainment and financial services.
- Experienced team leader with demonstrated success driving high-performance collaboration. A minimum of three to five years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Forward-thinking, results-oriented, deliverables-driven strategic thinker and self-starter with the ability to balance long-term strategic vision and effective day-to-day execution.
- Superb project and process management skills with the consistent ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing, editorial and proofreading skills. Exceptional attention to detail is required.
- Superior client service skills, strong influencing and negotiating skills, and an ability to persuade others to deliver.
- Technologically savvy with demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Proven ability to self-manage and multitask in a “lightning speed” environment with shifting priorities