View open opportunities and apply.
Legal Assistant/Paralegal HYBRID
Los Angeles, CA 90067 US
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90067
Schedule: Hybrid - 3 days onsite, 2 days remote // 8:30am-5pm
- Litigation is a MUST
- "Big firm experience": 10+ attorneys
- Has supported 3+ shareholders, attorneys, associates, etc.
Summary: Legal Assistant / Paralegal hybrid position supporting the Litigation group in Los Angeles (litigation in insurance, banking, real estate, complex business litigation and arbitrations).
Essential Job Functions
• Court filings / efiling – state and federal court throughout CA
• Draft and assist with preparation of pleadings, correspondence, discovery and responses, PPT, presentations (editing, drafting, printing), trial preparation, with knowledge of court and local rules
• Prepare work product efficiently and quickly on multiple cases.
• All document and file management including IManage and MS Office, manage client files, share files, electronic document management, pleadings and discovery indexes, litigation binders
• Manage and oversee service of process, investigators, asset searches, legal research and communicating with vendors, experts, as needed.
• Organize hearing and trial exhibits, evidence, briefs, and appendices
• Deposition preparation and summaries
• Assist in document review, production and management in discovery and in trial preparation.
• Experience in graphics, PPT presentations, and demonstratives
• Managing calendar entries and meeting requests, calculating deadlines and reminders, making travel arrangements and preparations for conferences
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong initiative and outgoing team player who fills in and cooperates in large and small groups, with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent multitasking and delivering detailed work product within deadlines, able to switch projects and priorities as needed.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Seeks to add value in a litigation environment, with high flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness, excellent client service. Good at problem solving and working under time pressure by communicating well and using firm resources wisely and efficiently.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
• High School diploma
• Associate degree preferred
• Prior legal experience required
• Trial experience preferred
• Paralegal associates degree or other relevant certification preferred