View open opportunities and apply.
Logistics Specialist - Dynamic Warehouse Environment
Eagan, MN 55121 US
Our client is a leading player in the food & beverage manufacturing industry and is known for its commitment to excellence and innovation. We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Logistics Specialist to join our dynamic team. If you thrive in a fast-paced warehouse and distribution environment and possess a proven track record in optimizing logistics operations, we want to hear from you. Union facility - Highly visible role with growth opportunities. Base Salary, Annual Bonus, Benefits and more!
2nd shift (4:00 PM – 2AM roughly) (Monday - Friday)
Help make one of the most recognized food & beverage brands in the world. Must have 3+ years supervisory experience in a fast paced manufacturing or distribution environment.
The Logistics Specialist coordinates all warehouse activities. This position in collaboration with the Warehouse Manager ensures the receipt, coordination and safety of goods coming through the warehouse and that orders arrive and are dispatched on time to the appropriate destinations and in the expected quantities.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Ensure quality standards and productivity standards are achieved with safety being a priority
- Staff, train, evaluate and develop warehouse team members
- Manager the supervisory functions of the shift and/or department assigned
- Oversee warehouse productivity tracking by ensuring customer schedules are met and operational efficiency is maximized
- Coordinate the scheduling of warehouse team members to meet the demands of the facility
- Allocate necessary space for stock rotation
- Assist and maintain appropriate inventory levels and product loss controls
- Oversee shipping and receiving functions as applicable
- Secure company assets
- Assist with various transportation and/or warehouse duties related to DOT regulations, OSHA, fleet operations, and scheduling
- Coach and lead the Warehouse team to increase productivity and provide high-quality customer service
- Ensure all safety requirements are met for the warehouse team i.e., Kinetic observations, trainings, etc.
- Oversee the employee life cycle i.e., partner with HR and Talent Acquisition to assist with recruitment activities/strategies, manage the onboarding process and participate in engagement activities to improve retention
- Ensure completion and proper execution of work procedures
- Manage within labor and OPEX budget
- Other projects or duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Associate’s degree with 3 to 4 plus years of warehouse experience and 0 to 1 plus years of people leadership experience or HS Diploma/GED and 5 plus years of warehouse experience and 2 plus years of people leadership experience
- Experience managing budgets i.e., labor, OPEX, etc.
- Ability to read and understand product codes
- Computer and database application skills
- Inventory management systems experience
- Ability to operate a manual and/or powered pallet jack or lift product
- Ability to obtain Forklift Certification
- Ability to work any shift as needed
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Beverage distribution experience including vehicle loading and inventory forecasting
- Bilingual i.e., English and Spanish
- Knowledge of computer software and warehouse management systems
- Forklift certification
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Technical Recruiting, Skilled Labor, Accounting And Finance
Sean has over 8 years’ experience with Mattson Resources and over 20 years in executive search, technical recruiting, and staffing. With a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as 16 years agency experience and 4 years corporate in staffing – Sean and his team can assist in all areas of search for your hiring needs. In agency search, Sean has led teams and recruiting services for Engineering, Sciences, IT, Skilled Labor, Operations, Supply Chain, Operational Excellence and more for Medical Device, Pharma, Aerospace, Automotive, Distribution, Transportation, IT Services, Software, Food & Beverage, Retail, and Consumer Products. In 2021 Sean oversaw Mattson Resources expansion and opening of a satellite office in Corona, CA.