View open opportunities and apply.
Maintenance Supervisor - 2nd shift
Alsip, IL 60803 US
Join a growing multi-billion dollar company that manufactures and distributes some of the most recognized brands in the world!
Opportunity for growth. Great benefits.
We work with iconic brands and exceptional people – because you can’t have one without the other.
- Shift: Full Time, 2pm-10pm. Focused on a M-F schedule.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match, PTO, Education Reimbursement
The Maintenance Supervisor executes maintenance support for the manufacturing plant’s strategic and production plans. This position manages the uptime and production throughput by implementing proven professional maintenance and reliability improvement processes. Will oversee 6-7 union mechanics per shift.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Maintain preventive and predictive maintenance programs i.e., failure and root cause analysis
- Service and repair equipment on a continual basis
- Adhere to established maintenance schedules
- Maintain safe work environment i.e., host safety meetings, ensure safety compliance shop safety inspections, etc.
- Enforce lock-out/tag-out program and all other OSHA required regulations
- Ensure equipment and plant is maintained and operating at company standards
- Ensures responsive and proactive maintenance support to all plant team members
- Ensure service calls and machinery repairs are completed in a timely manner
- Assist and support mechanics with machine trouble shooting and technical expertise as appropriate
- Drive reduction of losses through breakdown analysis and other appropriate continuous improvement tools and processes
- Manage all parts acquisition activities
- Maintain a compliant stockroom operation that provides repair parts for critical processes within the manufacturing plant
- Manage labor within maintenance team budget
- Support team with professional development
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Other projects or duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering, Technical or related field, 3 plus years of manufacturing operations and or maintenance experience or HS diploma or Technical School Certification and 6 plus years of manufacturing/operations maintenance experience
- Experience managing multiple projects of varying priorities concurrently
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented mindset
- Proficient in MS Office, i.e., Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.
- Ability to work any shift in a 24/7 operation
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 2 plus years of people leadership experience
- Lean, Six Sigma, 5S experience
- Food and/or beverage manufacturing experience
- SAP or equivalent systems experience
- Working knowledge of national, state, and local regulatory requirements in the areas of food safety, safety, environment and emergency management
- Electrical or Vocational Certification
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Technical Recruiting, Skilled Labor, Accounting And Finance
Sean has over 8 years’ experience with Mattson Resources and over 20 years in executive search, technical recruiting, and staffing. With a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as 16 years agency experience and 4 years corporate in staffing – Sean and his team can assist in all areas of search for your hiring needs. In agency search, Sean has led teams and recruiting services for Engineering, Sciences, IT, Skilled Labor, Operations, Supply Chain, Operational Excellence and more for Medical Device, Pharma, Aerospace, Automotive, Distribution, Transportation, IT Services, Software, Food & Beverage, Retail, and Consumer Products. In 2021 Sean oversaw Mattson Resources expansion and opening of a satellite office in Corona, CA.