View open opportunities and apply.
Manufacturing Operations Manager - High Speed Food & Beverage Industry
Eagan, MN 55121 US
Are you ready to lead and inspire in a fast-paced bottling environment? Our client is seeking a proactive and detail-oriented production/maintenance manager to join their team in the high-speed bottling industry. As an operations manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the seamless execution of production processes, maintaining quality standards, and fostering a culture of excellence.
World Recognizable Brand! Now hiring for the number 2 position for a high volume - high speed food & beverage manufacturing facility. Highly visible role to be groomed for future Plant Director opportunities.
1st Shift schedule.
This is a leadership role. Must be flexible to meet the needs of the business.
Responsible for day-to-day activities of directing, controlling and coordinating all phases of the Manufacturing plant to include, but not limited to production, maintenance, warehouse, inventory, quality and safety. This role assumes Plant Director responsibilities in their absence.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Develop and execute one-year and three-year business plans supporting Company, Market Unit and Local objectives including the development and implementation of strategies, processes and programs.
- Identify, develop and implement capital expenditure projects to enhance safety, quality and productivity.
- Motivate, direct, coach and develop a diverse, high performing leadership team to meet established goals and build organizational capability.
- Effectively translate Plant goals and objectives to all levels of the organization ensuring alignment on relevant performance data.
- Routinely review business results with Plant team to maximize supply chain performance.
- Foster an environment that supports an engaged safety culture.
- Develop a culture that embraces the tenets of operational excellence.
- Sustain a consistent, long-term vision through continuous process improvement.
- Adopt and share best practice ideas inside and outside the company.
- Demonstrate behaviors needed for effective implementation of change.
- Satisfy the needs and service requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ensure manufacturing processes are compliant with company specifications and meet customer expectations.
- Ensure compliance to company and regulatory policies.
- Represent the company and its interests in the community while remaining environmentally responsible in all efforts.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 plus years of hands-on operational roles within an industrial and/or manufacturing environment and 4 plus years of people leadership experience or HS Diploma/GED with 10 plus years of hands-on operational roles within an industrial and/or manufacturing environment and 5 plus years of people leadership experience
- Food and/or beverage industry experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong change management and influencing skills
- Ability to handle exposure to all temperature changes and high noise levels
- Ability to work around moving equipment safely
- ISO or other management system experience
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, etc.
- Travel up to 30%
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree
- Previous experience leading Distribution, Delivery and/or Sales team
- Lean, Six Sigma certified
- Multi-facility management experience