View open opportunities and apply.
Office Assistant for Engineering Company, Part Time & Weekly Pay!
IRVINE, CA 92618 US
The open position is for an Office Assistant / Client Services Associate to assist with office support and marketing activities for the business. Individuals applying for this position MUST be a self-starter and able to learn quickly on-the-job. Working hours and activities have significant flexibility, but the individual MUST be able to work during typical business hours (8:00am to 6:00pm) and no less than 3 hours in a given shift.
It is anticipated that 10 to 20 hours per week will be needed to start and may be up to full-time for a candidate that works independently and can take on additional work tasks quickly. Work activities are to be performed in the office near the Irvine Spectrum and include, at least, the following:
- General phone coverage (with support from other individuals)
- Expense report review (office-wide)
- Timesheet review (office-wide)
- Leads / proposal tracking and internal follow-up
- Assist with equipment scheduling/ check-out
- Data Entry and records management
- Documentation Review for Project Set-up/Close-out
- Office lunch orders / happy hours (shared with other individuals as needed / desired)
- Marketing activities such as support to engineers for calling / follow-up needs and project closure information follow-ups (knowledge in working with Access and/or SQL databases is a plus)
It is expected candidates will work independently with initial training and ongoing guidance. Most training is provided on-the-job in a fast-paced environment. It is crucial applicants have a flexible mindset and are willing to learn quickly and are dependable in completing job tasks effectively and efficiently.
- High school graduate or GRE equivalent
- Exceptionally strong English verbal/written communications skills & organization skills
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, MS Teams, etc.)
- Problem-solving skills and a consultative approach in supporting office activities
- Outstanding time management skills (ability to manage multiple, overlapping tasks and deadlines)
- Superb attention to detail
- Current Southern California residents required (position is in-person)
- Must be physically able (and willing) to perform general office duties, such as moving / arranging chairs / tables for meetings, accepting deliveries, stocking supplies, etc.
Pay range: $20/hour