View open opportunities and apply.
Operations Manager - High Speed Food & Beverage
Eagan, MN 55121 US
World Recognizable Brand! Now hiring for the number 2 position for a high volume - high speed food & beverage manufacturing facility. Highly visible role to be groomed for future Plant Director opportunities. This position will focus on production and maintenance of the equipment.
Responsible for day-to-day activities of directing, controlling and coordinating all phases of the Manufacturing plant to include, but not limited to production, maintenance, warehouse, inventory, quality and safety. This role assumes Plant Director responsibilities in their absence.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Develop and execute one-year and three-year business plans supporting Company, Market Unit and Local objectives including the development and implementation of strategies, processes and programs.
- Identify, develop and implement capital expenditure projects to enhance safety, quality and productivity.
- Motivate, direct, coach and develop a diverse, high performing leadership team to meet established goals and build organizational capability.
- Effectively translate Plant goals and objectives to all levels of the organization ensuring alignment on relevant performance data.
- Routinely review business results with Plant team to maximize supply chain performance.
- Foster an environment that supports an engaged safety culture.
- Develop a culture that embraces the tenets of operational excellence.
- Sustain a consistent, long-term vision through continuous process improvement.
- Adopt and share best practice ideas inside and outside the company.
- Demonstrate behaviors needed for effective implementation of change.
- Satisfy the needs and service requirements of internal and external customers.
- Ensure manufacturing processes are compliant with company specifications and meet customer expectations.
- Ensure compliance to company and regulatory policies.
- Represent the company and its interests in the community while remaining environmentally responsible in all efforts.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Seven plus years of management experience in hands-on operational roles within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Multiple functional roles within an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Food and/or beverage industry experience
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- ISO or other management system experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, and safely working around moving equipment
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience leading Distribution/Delivery and/or Sales staff
- Lean, Six Sigma certified
- Multi-facility management