View open opportunities and apply.
Production Manager - High Speed Union Facility - Food & Beverage
San Leandro, CA 94577 US
Quickly growing multi-billion-dollar company producing name brands is looking to hire a Production Manager for a union facility doing high speed manufacturing for Food & Beverages. Apply today!
Are you a motivated Production Manager with experience leading in a fast paced environment? If so, APPLY KNOW!
Direct Hire and highly visible role with growth opportunity.
5 Lines - 24/7 Facility - Automation
The Production Manager is responsible for ensuring that the production teams and functional resources achieve improved business results by leading daily activities. The role is responsible for driving improvements in safety, quality, and quality systems across the site. The Production Manager will direct and coordinate daily activities to deliver products to customers on time while fostering a culture of mutual respect and accountability. The Production Manager will also be responsible for building a Lean culture focused on continuous improvement to drive out waste and improve the cost structure.
- Ensure Safe and Quality Production:
- Lead and manage production teams to ensure safe and quality production of products for customers.
- Ensure all plant, legal, and regulatory practices and procedures are followed.
- Track and Reinforce Progress:
- Lead daily, weekly, and monthly review processes to track and reinforce progress vs. action plans.
- Develop Maintenance Centered Organizational Structure:
- Develop a maintenance-centered organizational structure that focuses on equipment uptime and operator feedback to maximize a coordinated, involved team approach to manufacturing.
- Manage Daily Management Activities:
- Manage execution of daily management activities such as team meetings, shift exchanges, daily direction-setting, visual controls, status-at-a-glance boards, etc.
- Utilize Lean Tools:
- Actively utilize Lean tools to drive process improvement strategies in plant manufacturing operations.
- Lead improvements for Making, Packing, and Shipping (e.g., remove waste from the system and improve efficiencies).
- Create Synergies:
- Proactively work with other functional leaders across the site(s) to create synergies and maintain effective workflow.
- Develop Production Teams:
- Responsible for aspects of leading the staff including hiring, coaching, managing performance, and development planning.
- Actively work on building highly effective Production teams through team building, clear communication cadence, and provide ongoing coaching.
- Other Duties:
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Business Administration
- Safety Performance:
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by implementing safety measures and ensuring compliance with safety regulations.
- Reduce safety incidents and near-miss events.
- Quality Performance:
- Ensure products meet quality standards and customer requirements.
- Reduce the number of quality complaints and returns.
- Delivery Performance:
- Deliver products to customers on time and in full.
- Reduce lead times and backorders.
- Cost Performance:
- Reduce production costs through the elimination of waste and improvements in efficiency.
- Improve profitability through cost reduction initiatives.
- Employee Engagement:
- Foster a culture of mutual respect and accountability that encourages front-line ownership of all activities.
- Develop highly effective production teams through team building, clear communication cadence, and ongoing coaching.
- High School Diploma/GED and commensurate management and leadership work experience with progressive and expanding roles and responsibilities in a beverage or food manufacturing environment
- 5 plus years of experience in a Consumer Products Manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of high speed packaging, chemical processing and manufacturing.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a management or supervisory role.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results through empowerment of people, change management and performance management.
- Formal training and demonstrated ability to utilize technical skills to find the root cause and solve equipment issues.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of packaging equipment and formulation processing.
- Proven experience leading and driving results improvement using Lean tools
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, ISO, HACCP and GMP requirements
- Working knowledge of OSHA Safety regulations and requirements
- Clear and concise communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of working within a union environment.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Competitive compensation package including:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- PTO, sick days
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) + employer match
- HSA & FSA plans
- Pay Range: $113.078 to $141,348
The compensation range reflects the Company’s reasonable expectation at the time of posting. We consider a number of factors when making individual compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, and other business needs. This role may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Technical Recruiting, Skilled Labor, Accounting And Finance
Sean has over 8 years’ experience with Mattson Resources and over 20 years in executive search, technical recruiting, and staffing. With a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as 16 years agency experience and 4 years corporate in staffing – Sean and his team can assist in all areas of search for your hiring needs. In agency search, Sean has led teams and recruiting services for Engineering, Sciences, IT, Skilled Labor, Operations, Supply Chain, Operational Excellence and more for Medical Device, Pharma, Aerospace, Automotive, Distribution, Transportation, IT Services, Software, Food & Beverage, Retail, and Consumer Products. In 2021 Sean oversaw Mattson Resources expansion and opening of a satellite office in Corona, CA.