View open opportunities and apply.
Production Supervisor 2nd Shift - High Speed Food & Bev Manufacturing
Milwaukee, WI 53224 US
Our client is a leading player in the food & beverage sector, committed to delivering high-quality products that enhance the lives of our consumers. With a rich history and a focus on innovation, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Production Supervisor to join our growing team.
Position Overview: We are currently looking for a results-driven and detail-oriented Production Supervisor with expertise in the food & beverage, consumer goods, or personal care manufacturing industry. As a Production Supervisor, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficiency, safety, and quality of our production processes.
This position is a 2nd shift (2pm - 10:30pm), Monday - Friday (Weekend availability as needed. Flexible to meet the needs of the business.)
The Manufacturing Supervisor ensures the production team operates efficient and safe manufacturing processes. This position adheres to the production schedule and ensures that safety and quality standards are met.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Lead entire off-shift operations while delivering key performance indicators i.e., safety, quality, cost and service
- Manage production as well as other departments as needed
- Manage the team including hiring, coaching, performance management and talent development
- Manage within labor and OPEX budget
- Monitor the production process making periodic checks and adjustments to equipment or work practices according to standard operating procedures
- Ensure equipment in areas assigned is in working order and that working conditions are safe at all times
- Verify the readiness of the production line at start-up
- Supervise change overs
- Manage overall package and product quality to ensure all standards and specifications are maintained
- Implement process improvement initiatives
- Analyze performance data in order to identify business opportunities
- Other projects or duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- HS Diploma/GED, 3 plus years of consumer products manufacturing, food and/or beverage environment, 0 to 1 plus years of people leadership experience
- Experience managing performance metrics
- Self-motivated and disciplined team player
- Strong written and verbal as well as interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify and resolve process, systems, and/or mechanical failures
- Computer and database application skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma or other Organizational Effectiveness practices
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Electrical Certification
- Vocational Certification