View open opportunities and apply.
Project Engineer Manager - High Speed Manufacturing - CAPEX
Downey, CA 90241 US
Oversee CAPEX projects for 3 high-volume and high-speed food & beverage manufacturing facilities and numerous DC's in California. Name recognizable products found in every grocery store, gas station, and more globally.
Highly visible role with excellent growth opportunities.
Ideal candidates will have liquid fill or packaging equipment experience from Food & Beverages, or Consumer Products, or Pharmaceuticals, and or other closely related production industries.
The Project Engineer Manager is responsible for the definition and delivery execution of all projects assigned as well as providing support to distribution and production facilities. Additionally, this role will ensure that assigned initiatives are successfully transitioned to post-production support.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Leads the project by: requesting resources based on the project ‘s needs, managing the work activities of the resources, controlling the project through established schedules and financial performance, reporting using project management methodology and company policies as well as implementing the resulting solution to the satisfaction of key stakeholders.
- Develops a project plan and a communication plan, which involves the key stakeholders and impacted departments. Keeps appropriate parties informed of the project’s progress and problems.
- Presents to senior management and all defined stakeholders the status of the project, expected outcomes, and project risks.
- Monitors the status of specific project dependencies related to the overall project incorporating such constraints into the overall plan.
- Follows and adheres to company defined Engineering standards and procedures.
- Accurately and efficiently completes the assigned work according to the schedule and as directed by management.
- Embraces and effectively implements change and understands the positive role it plays in achieving our business goals.
- Executes organization long-term vision through participation in continuous process improvements.
- Maintain highest standards of customer service and business professionalism.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related field.
- Seven plus years of experience working in a project management role.
- Able to effectively work with and in the business automating and streamlining business processes.
- Strong ability to work independently and be self-driven as it relates to workload, problem solving and trouble-shooting.
- Working knowledge of basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under time sensitive situations.
- Able to work off-hours support.
- Ability to travel up to 50% regionally in California.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in food and/or beverage industry
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Working knowledge of food safety
- Experience with continuous improvement and change management
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Technical Recruiting, Skilled Labor, Accounting And Finance
Sean has over 8 years’ experience with Mattson Resources and over 20 years in executive search, technical recruiting, and staffing. With a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as 16 years agency experience and 4 years corporate in staffing – Sean and his team can assist in all areas of search for your hiring needs. In agency search, Sean has led teams and recruiting services for Engineering, Sciences, IT, Skilled Labor, Operations, Supply Chain, Operational Excellence and more for Medical Device, Pharma, Aerospace, Automotive, Distribution, Transportation, IT Services, Software, Food & Beverage, Retail, and Consumer Products. In 2021 Sean oversaw Mattson Resources expansion and opening of a satellite office in Corona, CA.