View open opportunities and apply.
SR. ELECTRICAL/CONTROLS ENGINEER
SANTA FE SPRINGS, CA 90670 US
Apply NOW! This role offers:
- Competitive Salary & Bonus
- Open communication at all levels
- Welcomes collaboration & Encourages growth
- 401K & Incentive Programs
The Sr. Electrical/Controls Engineer is responsible for designing electrical system layouts, electrical panel designs and control programs with great quality, accuracy, and timeliness. This candidate will create electrical schematics, will write PLC/HMI programs, and will participate in the debugging, testing, and commissioning of custom machinery that include motion systems, heaters, pumps, and automated hoists.
- BS in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university or institution
- Ten years minimum experience and proven track record of creating and improving electrical and control systems for industrial machinery and automation
- Expert level knowledge in the application of low, medium, and high voltage industrial electrical systems and HMI control systems with remote IO and various sensors
- Thorough experience designing electrical control panels for turnkey industrial equipment
- High proficiency in programming Allen Bradley PLCs and HMI's to control pumps, heaters, instrumentation (pressure, temperature, conductivity, pH, etc.), rectifiers, etc.
- Ability to specify and configure VFDs, motor protectors, contactors, soft starts, and other motor interfacing devices
- Experience with motion control devices and programming
- Ability to produce accurate bills of materials aligned with schematics
- Proficiency with writing test plans and test reports, and running factory acceptance tests
- Advanced skill in troubleshooting and repairing electrical systems and PLC programs for automation
- Expert knowledge in the application of NEC codes & UL-508 standards
- Ability to read and interpret P&IDs
- Advanced proficiency in AutoCAD Electrical for electrical schematics, panel layouts, and BOM creation