View open opportunities and apply.
Senior Principal Scientist Computer Aided Drug Design CADD
San Diego, CA 92092 US
Join one of the most admired Pharmaceutical companies in the world working on CADD - Computational Chemistry for multiple Therapeutic areas.
Visa sponsorship and relocation are available for this opportunity. No remote options at this time and the position is to be based in beautiful San Diego, CA.
- People leadership strongly preferred
- STRONG and RECENT publication list a must
The Therapeutics Discovery organization within R&D is continuing to build scientific expertise in predictive modeling, screening, pharmacology and chemistry to partner closely with therapeutic area scientists to develop groundbreaking new medicines in the areas of Immunology, Neuroscience, Oncology, Cardiovascular and Retina. The Discovery group in Therapeutics Discovery is seeking excellent scientists to bring their expertise to exciting and novel areas of computational drug design.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Shape and implement computational strategies to support innovative modality-agnostic drug discovery in R&D by researching and incorporating new physics-based and AI/ML techniques and platforms
- Develop and grow the CADD/ISD team by mentoring, managing and recruiting other group members
- Design therapeutic molecules and predict their properties using state-of-the-art methodologies integrating chemical, biological and structural data, cheminformatics, and artificial intelligence/machine learning techniques
- Represent In Silico Discovery in governance forums and external collaborations
- Serve as a scientific expert with both internal and external partners, and provide recommendations regarding new targets and emerging external opportunities
- Ensure optimal interaction/communication and provide updates on project status to discovery leadership
- A PhD in computational chemistry or a related field, with at least 6-12 years of experience applying computational modeling in a pharmaceutical industry drug design setting with a track record of key contributions to compound progression is required
- Strong record of creative scientific contributions including peer reviewed first-author publications, patent applications, and presentations at major national meetings is required
- Experience with multiple therapeutic modalities (e.g. small molecules, biologics, peptides, targeted protein degraders) is strongly preferred
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment, mentoring scientists, influencing decisions and resolving conflicts is required
- Familiarity with at least one standard computational drug discovery package (examples may include, Maestro/Schrodinger, MOE/Chemical Computing Group, and/or OpenEye tools) is required
- Experience scripting computational workflows in Pipeline Pilot, Knime, Python or Jupyter notebooks is preferred
- Located in La Jolla, CA and requires up to 10% travel domestically and internationally
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Technical Recruiting, Skilled Labor, Accounting And Finance
Sean has over 8 years’ experience with Mattson Resources and over 20 years in executive search, technical recruiting, and staffing. With a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as 16 years agency experience and 4 years corporate in staffing – Sean and his team can assist in all areas of search for your hiring needs. In agency search, Sean has led teams and recruiting services for Engineering, Sciences, IT, Skilled Labor, Operations, Supply Chain, Operational Excellence and more for Medical Device, Pharma, Aerospace, Automotive, Distribution, Transportation, IT Services, Software, Food & Beverage, Retail, and Consumer Products. In 2021 Sean oversaw Mattson Resources expansion and opening of a satellite office in Corona, CA.