View open opportunities and apply.
Senior Scientist Biology & PET Imaging
San Diego, CA 92121 US
Positron Emission Tomography (PET) imaging agents for a number of different targets supporting all Therapeutic Areas (TAs). Our diverse team requires deep scientific expertise in many disciplines including chemistry, radiochemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, enzymology, and imaging technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Sr. Scientist Biology & Imaging. This position will be based at our site in San Diego, CA.
This laboratory-based position offers an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery of new PET imaging agents and work closely and collaboratively in a team environment. The qualified scientist needs to independently execute in-vitro and in-vivo experiments, being able to handle animals, follow protocols, troubleshoot problems, interpret data, and communicate results. The primary responsibility of the Sr. Scientist position is to provide scientific and technical support for conducting research involving in vivo preclinical studies.
• A Ph.D. or Master’s degree (MS) in life science, molecular/cell biology, immunology, or related field with at least 5+ years (PhD) and 10+ years (MS) post-graduate research experience and 3+ years of preclinical PET/CT imaging is required.
• In-vivo PET/CT scan: independently execute in vivo PET imaging in pre-clinical models; animal model developing; Inhalation anesthesia; IV, IP and PO dosing; familiarity with IACUC protocols and guidelines, in vivo study conduct are required.
• Comfortable with handling radioactivity for preclinical experimentation (e.g., typical isotopes 18F, 11C, 3H, 89Zr, 64Cu, etc.).
• Ability to extract tissues, process and prepare for histology or other assays, preferred.
• Collect, analyze, and interpret experimental data are required.
• Ability to conduct studies independently is required, with independent work expected on daily tasks and in-vivo and in vitro assays.
• A strong proficiency in preclinical pharmacology and understanding in the use of in vivo animal models for drug development is needed.
• Expertise with in vitro assays, such as autoradiography, immunohistochemistry, western blot, binding assay is preferred.
• Experience with cell culture is preferred.
• Must be comfortable spending a minimum 90% of time spent in the lab
• Good internal/external network and publication record
• Excellent presentation skills
The anticipated base pay range for this position is MIN $111,000 to MAX $192,050.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Technical Recruiting, Skilled Labor, Accounting And Finance
Sean has over 8 years’ experience with Mattson Resources and over 20 years in executive search, technical recruiting, and staffing. With a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as 16 years agency experience and 4 years corporate in staffing – Sean and his team can assist in all areas of search for your hiring needs. In agency search, Sean has led teams and recruiting services for Engineering, Sciences, IT, Skilled Labor, Operations, Supply Chain, Operational Excellence and more for Medical Device, Pharma, Aerospace, Automotive, Distribution, Transportation, IT Services, Software, Food & Beverage, Retail, and Consumer Products. In 2021 Sean oversaw Mattson Resources expansion and opening of a satellite office in Corona, CA.