View open opportunities and apply.
Staff Manufacturing Automation Engineer - Pharmaceuticals
Raritan, NJ 08869 US
Join one of the most admired companies in the world! Must have strong automation engineering experience in medical device, pharmaceuticals or biotech manufacturing. Apply today!
Automate technology for new therapies treating cancer! Use your knowledge to make lives better.
NJ facility is scaling up operational flows to serve more patients and meet the highest quality standards without compromising manufacturing efficiency. This exciting new role works with the Engineering & Technical Services Lead and will tasked with providing technical expertise, using best practices, and developing internal as well as external partnerships around our ISA-95 Level 1 and 2 (manufacturing) automated systems and applicable interfaces supporting manufacturing operations onsite.
The Staff Engineer is responsible for ensuring that automated systems are fit for intended use and follow applicable regulatory requirements and company manufacturing standards throughout the entire system life cycle. They will also ensure flawless liaison with the different teams, vendors, sites, and stakeholders. The Engineer serves as a specialist in the field of industrial automation through their extensive experience of systems and platforms. They have accountability for maintaining and enhancing these systems as well as identifying and driving opportunities for continuous improvement across the systems and platforms.
- Maintain and be responsible for the industrial IT systems (e.g., BMS, EMS, IDP (Instrument Data Platform), OSI PI, etc.) in compliance with its procedures, work instructions, and all applicable regulatory GxP and corporate requirements.
- Ensure reliable availability of systems, including the containing data.
- Triage system issues to find root cause and propose a solution (potentially 24/7 on-call support is required).
- Configure and manage system interfaces, user administration, conduct system performance monitoring, and implement & maintain network configuration (in partnership with IT).
- Provide training to end users and system administrators.
- Lead and supervise modifications/projects implementation and create & maintain lifecycle documentation.
- Responsible for software update for process and laboratory equipment platforms and integration with manufacturing systems (e.g., MES, eLIMS, etc.).
- Ensure user requirement specifications and all applicable objectives are met to maintain the platform daily (including backup, disaster recovery, user administration etc.).
- Lead vendors, subcontractors, and/or technical integrators.
- Review, develop, and execute (commissioning) protocols, test plans, reports, and documentation to implement, maintain, operate, and validate GxP automated systems.
- Drive innovation and new technologies.
- Support investigations, deviations, and corrective & preventive actions towards successful compliance and timely closure.
- Actively communicate regularly with Operations and project delivery stakeholders.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s or equivalent University Degree required; focused degree in Industrial Automation, Engineering, Science, or related field preferred
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in a GxP regulated environment and demonstrated knowledge of current Good Automated Manufacturing Practices (GAMP)
- Demonstrated experience with Industrial IT Systems/Automation, and related hands-on in technical tasks
- Ability to operate both strategically/conceptually and connect easily across different levels in the organization
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload and be able to handle shifting priorities based on critical deadlines so that business needs are always met
- Service mentality and ability to proactively collaborate with teams and partners, working hands-on on aspects of systems ownership, while identifying areas of improvement
- Experience within the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Working knowledge of Automation Engineering platforms including: PLC, DeltaV Distributed Control System, OSI PI, PLC/SCADA, Siemens EMS, Honeywell BMS, and/or CMMS systems
- Requires willingness and ability to provide 24/7 on-call support
- Site-based role at Raritan, NJ, and may require up to 10% travel domestic and/or international
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $88,000 to $142,600.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Technical Recruiting, Skilled Labor, Accounting And Finance
Sean has over 8 years’ experience with Mattson Resources and over 20 years in executive search, technical recruiting, and staffing. With a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as 16 years agency experience and 4 years corporate in staffing – Sean and his team can assist in all areas of search for your hiring needs. In agency search, Sean has led teams and recruiting services for Engineering, Sciences, IT, Skilled Labor, Operations, Supply Chain, Operational Excellence and more for Medical Device, Pharma, Aerospace, Automotive, Distribution, Transportation, IT Services, Software, Food & Beverage, Retail, and Consumer Products. In 2021 Sean oversaw Mattson Resources expansion and opening of a satellite office in Corona, CA.