View open opportunities and apply.
Strategic Sourcing Manager - R&D / NPD
Danvers, MA 01923 US
One of the most admired companies in the world is looking to directly hire and Strategic Sourcing Manager responsible for R&D and New Product Development projects.
Growing 1 billion dollar division!
Great company benefits!
Relocation offered to the greater Boston area or West Germany. No international relocations or visa sponsorships at this time.
Present in most markets of the world, representing more than $1 billion of revenue with projected strong growth and premier market positions. The spend in support of this business resides in multiple categories and sums up to 300 million$ per year.
Innovation and new product pipelines are growing constantly. The Advanced Sourcing Manager will be responsible for procurement support for launch readiness of new products / innovations under development. Incumbent in this role, will represent procurement in early-stage development and act as bridge between development teams, and procurement category management teams to drive preferred supplier choices. Incumbent will be responsible to proactively address risks in supplier choices, and support launch readiness with by working closely with category sourcing team, supplier engineering team, and development teams. The incumbent in the role, will plan, direct, and support the delivery against targets for procurement across financial performance, supply reliability across quality & service, and compliance adherence.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities :
- Lead or support sourcing initiatives in new product development to identify the right supplier partners, Influence procurement decisions, delivering on-going value improvements while driving competitive advantage.
- Develop spend analysis for new products and gather market intelligence in alignment with business goals.
- Develop and lead cost management initiatives; Prepare and execute RFQs for medium to high complexity sourcing decisions; Conduct negotiations with suppliers.
- Develop preferred supplier list for NPDs (new products) in partnership with category managers and execute through collaboration with cross functions.
- Translate subcategory sourcing strategies to cross functions and drive its adoption in new product development.
- Work with Tier I, Tier II suppliers to ensure capacity and availability for product launch and production.
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments.
- Build and maintain relationships throughout that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions.
- Support the development and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Co-lead, with category managers, supplier partnerships which are important for new product launches to drive performance delivery, risk mitigation, and value through supplier enabled innovation.
- Develop innovative and sustainable solutions to identify and mitigate risk, drive long-term, end-to-end value, and achieve unmet business needs. Identify and pursue opportunities to develop supplier capabilities.
- Understand supply market trends, competitor analysis and provide insights to deliver proactive sourcing strategies.
- Systematically and efficiently manage supplier contracting, administration, and compliance to maximize financial and operational performance while minimizing risk.
- Keep oversight on the overall pipeline, monitor the resources needed to support the execution in due time and define priorities across available resources.
- BS in Engineering, Operations/Supply chain management or related field, MBA/MS preferred.
- Mechanical engineering experience/skills/educational background advantageous
- Total 6+ years of experience with minimum of 4 years of strong procurement experience required.
- Experience in multiple disciplines of Supply Chain, including External Operations, Manufacturing, Procurement, Distribution and / or related field is advantageous.
- Good level of understanding of the machining (metal, plastics, ceramics), injection molding, extrusion industry landscape
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core procurement areas of focus (e.g., Spend Management, Category Management, Sourcing & Supplier Management)
- Strong leadership, communication (verbal and written), influencing, collaboration skills are key.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Experience to work across regions and understand markets.
- Strong Business Acumen with electronics or Medical Devices (specifically Abiomed relevant industry) experience preferred.
- Multi-country and Multi sector experience preferred.
- Continuous improvement/lean/six sigma experience, black belt preferred.
- Experience with SAP preferred, or another ERP, device management and procurement systems.
- Willingness to travel, particularly to visit suppliers. This position may require up to 30% International travel based on business needs.
Meet Your Recruiter
Vice President – Technical Recruiting, Skilled Labor, Accounting And Finance
Sean has over 8 years’ experience with Mattson Resources and over 20 years in executive search, technical recruiting, and staffing. With a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and a concentration in Human Resources as well as 16 years agency experience and 4 years corporate in staffing – Sean and his team can assist in all areas of search for your hiring needs. In agency search, Sean has led teams and recruiting services for Engineering, Sciences, IT, Skilled Labor, Operations, Supply Chain, Operational Excellence and more for Medical Device, Pharma, Aerospace, Automotive, Distribution, Transportation, IT Services, Software, Food & Beverage, Retail, and Consumer Products. In 2021 Sean oversaw Mattson Resources expansion and opening of a satellite office in Corona, CA.